What is a Makeathon?
A “MAKEATHON” is an innovative educational event in which several teams (also from different field of studies) create and develop technological prototypes as well as innovative solutions during a short period of time. The challenges or problems could be provided whether by the sponsored companies or within the participating teams.
The name “MAKEATHON” comes from the combination to “MAKE” and “MARATHON”. It is a special live-event where participants spend several days creating, hacking, developing, designing, and pitching a software or hardware project they have build from scratch.
Get yourself ready for innovative Industry Challenges!
Smart Green Island Makeathon
From 01.-04.03.2023, ITQ GmbH organises the 6th SMART GREEN ISLAND MAKEATHON. Therefore we’d like to invite you to participate in this special event focused on Smart Home, IoT, Automation, Robotics, Smart Farming, Smart Production, Smart Health, Smart and Green Energy, Smart Mobility as well as Connected Systems.
Make, create and invent your own innovative idea in interdisciplinary teams not only against but with each other!
SMART GREEN ISLAND MAKEATHON Impressions 2020
SMART GREEN ISLAND MAKEATHON Aftermovie 2020
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
BE PART OF OUR SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY
BE READY FOR INNOVATIVE AND EXCITING INDUSTRY CHALLENGES
- Date: 01.03.-04.03.2023
- Location: Infecar, Avenida de la Feria 1, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Duration: 96 hours full of innovation
- Participants: Programmers, Developers, Engineers, Designers, Innovators, IT-specialists and all interested people
- Participation: No participation fee
- Interdisciplinary teams: A group of people with various competencies which will be formed individually during the Makeathon
- Material: Free software and hardware for every team
- Catering: Free drinks, snacks and meals
- T-Shirts: Everyone will get and have to wear a SMART GREEN ISLAND MAKEATHON T-Shirt
- Networking: Meet and communicate with companies as well as successful practitioners
- Business challenges: Work out real business challenges and develop innovative prototypes
- Last Information: Final information will be sent by the end of February
- Flight and Accomodation: Every participant has to organize flight, accomodation and transfer on their own!
You will find some recommendations in our SMART GREEN ISLAND Handbook!
- Pre-Registration: Personal Pre-Registration recommended on 28.02.2023 in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria