THE CORNERSTONE OF SUCCESSFUL ENGINEERING
What is needed for success?
Regardless of whether it is a web application, a process engineering system or a software for an embedded system – the requirement analysis is one of the basic stages of a project, in which the essential course is set for the later progress of the project.
Set the right course from the start
Complex software systems, IoT connection and a multitude of interfaces as well as ever shorter product life cycles demand a fast response to changed requirements.
In order to counter the dynamics in the development project and contract business, professional requirements management must exist, which guarantees a uniform and interdisciplinary definition as well as comprehensible documentation of the project goals. At the same time, changes in requirements must be documented and tracked in order to be able to react to these adjustments in an agile manner during development.
Without a structured, holistic approach to requirements management, there is a risk that important project parameters such as quality, budget and deadlines cannot be met.
Let’s face the challenge!
We help you develop and implement professional requirements management. This always happens on the basis of specific developments or orders. Consideration of your development process and the subsequent anchoring of optimizations in the existing process are part of our services.
For tracking the requirements across the entire development process and adapting them flexibly, a higher-level tool is necessary, which monitors the requirements and transparently tracks changes.
Of course, we also support you in the selection and implementation of suitable tools and interfaces and adapt new or existing solutions to your specific application.
What does a well-founded clarification of requirements offer you?
- Function-oriented structuring of your systems
- Early clarification of requirements
- Definition of acceptance criteria
- Focus on testability of the requirements
- Central management of all requirements
- Higher quality of your specifications
- Saving time in development through early clarification of the requirements
- Project complexity becomes more manageable
- Possibility to react to changes in an agile way
- Risk minimization in development/order processing through shorter iterations
It starts with a meaningful structure
Requirements management starts as early as possible in the course of the project by collecting information from all the disciplines involved. In a first step, it makes sense to develop a basic structure for the system under consideration. A functional structuring makes it possible to grasp the requirements of all disciplines right from the start.
Modern requirements management is – regardless of the procedural model you use in development – of crucial importance. Regardless of whether you are working on a software solution in an agile development approach in sprints or in cross-disciplinary teams, due to special regulations, based on the V-model.
It is imperative that you know what the challenge is and what needs to be done at all times. Otherwise you run the risk that the solution does not match the task.
Our contribution to your successful engineering
- Recording existing requirements management
- Analysis of existing processes
- Deriving recommendations for action
- Quality management
- Definition of acceptance criteria for tests
- Definition of key figures
- Connection of requirements management to ERP
- Connection to the test management system
- Interdisciplinary workshops
- Clarification of requirements
- Tool benchmark for requirements management
- Holistic process support when setting up systematic requirements management