AGILE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
SPRINT BY SPRINT TO SUCCESS
Agile is not a buzzword for us, but an established mindset
By now, agile development methods have been established as a new mindset in many companies. Coming originally from software development, agile methods have fought their way into mechatronic development. Where processes used to be based on rigid project plans and strict, but often only theoretical, plan fulfillment, today they aim for short development cycles and regular learning experiences.
Agile methods hold a lot of potential – Do you use them?
Today‘s machines have numerous functionalities that can only be realized by software. The software development process is therefore crucial for the overall success of a product or project.
Our consultants usually find long-standing process landscapes with rigid schedules in the companies. In order to efficiently introduce agile methods, we rely on established development frameworks such as Scrum, Lean Startup or Software Kanban. In the course of the project, we gradually adapt them to the specifics of your company.
Together we achieve the best possible result!
The Build-Measure-Learn approach is the foundation of almost all agile methods. We take the following steps with you in each sprint:
Build: At the beginning of each iteration, the most minimal working product is defined and developed.
Measure: This minimum viable product (MVP) is specifically tested by users for the implemented function. The development team checks whether the selected approaches are suitable and the solution is viable.
Learn: Conclusions about the concept and the product can be drawn and further developed based on practical experience.The final decision is which MVP will bring the greatest business advantage in the next iteration.
How to profit from our cooperation
- Transparency of the development progress after each sprint
- Requirements-centered development
- Reduce test time at the machine
- Goal-oriented development with clearly defined function packages
- Feature-driven, efficient synchronization of large development teams
- Focus on customers and users through early and regular practice tests
- Integration of test and quality assurance
- Documentation, safety and security as integral part of development
- Planning and buy-in of stakeholders and development teams
This is important for us
With agile methods, intermediate steps are validated ad-hoc and subsequent processes optionally changed in order to come to the perfect solution. The iterative work facilitates the adaptation to changing boundary conditions. Both are made possible by three priorities:
- Transparency in project progress and communication
- Quality review through continuous reviews
- Adjustment in short cycles (2-4 weeks)
The required functions of a product are mastered through a structured reduction in complexity. The typical non-functional requirements such as safety, security and compliance can be perfectly mapped. The customers we support develop their software projects in a goal-oriented manner and with continuous optimization of process and product quality.
How to sprint to success with us
- In-house training on agile methods and selected models
- Introduction of agile methods adapted to your individual needs
- Communication as a central tool for successful process implementation
- Agile requirements engineering
- Consulting and implementation of infrastructure (continuous integration, test and quality assurance)
- Support as a product owner with in-depth industry knowledge and experience
- Support as a Scrum Master for guiding the team and communication to stakeholders
- Support from software developers using modern technologies